Wednesday, September 3, 2008

ZZZZzzzzz.....


It's 5:25am and I'm up. I've been up for 10 minutes or so. This posting is a test to see how coherent I am. Not very. I spent all last week (remember, we were on "vacation") not sleeping well because I wasn't home in my own bed. Now that I am, I'm not sleeping that well because I know I need to get up early.

I don't mind so much waking up during the night when I'm in my bed. I glance at the clock, roll over and fall back asleep. Or just get up and use the euphemism without needing to fully wake up. I love my bed. It's sooo comfortable - no lumps, hard spots or coarse sheets. And now that summer is nearly over, I can keep the temperature in my bedroom close to "icebox". Solves the problem of most of those pesky "night sweats".

I kind of feel bad for my seminary students - but I guess that they already have to get up early this week for school - they'll have a few days of that to help prepare them for the even earlier wake up time needed next week.

I was talking to Stephanie yesterday and she said that Cory managed to get "A's" all through seminary even though he pretty much slept through all of it. I think I will be a tougher grader than that. In fact, I'm pretty sure I will be.

How much did you sleep through classes (seminary or school)? I wasn't a seminary sleeper, but my first semester of college I pretty much slept through Psychology 101. It wasn't so much that it was early, but it was my first class I'd ever taken that had the deadly combination of soft seats, over warm classroom, boring teacher, no friends in class, and a big enough lecture room that I didn't have to sit anywhere near the front.

3 comments:

Keira said...

I had an evening class (Biology something-or-other) and evening classes were poison to me.

Samurai Mom said...

If we showed up to seminary every day or nearly everyday we got and A. No tests no homework you didn't even need to be awake and you certainly didn't need to do the reading. I guess they figured they were lucky that we got into our cars at 6:30 in the morning in -15 degree temps only to go to seminary and then have 30 minutes to kill before school started.

Suzanne said...

Please be a generous grader.