Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Good Intentions


I hope my road is not paved with them (good intentions).

I have been incredibly good about getting to bed early so as to have enough time for a full nights sleep. Unfortunately I keep getting betrayed by biology. I was asleep by 9:15pm last night. Then I woke up an hour later. Then I woke up 3 hours later. Then I woke up for good at 3:50am. I think it's just about time to try a new strategy. I thought if I did all my seminary prep work earlier in the day it wouldn't be running through my mind at night - that hasn't worked. Perhaps if I exhaust myself a little physically I'll sleep better. I am going to try and go out for a brisk walk after dinner. A couple of miles or so to start off.

At least that's my intention.


**update**Steve and I went for a walk this evening...we'll see how well the theory works.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Blog it. (To be read with every inflection you can muster!)

m_perfect said...

I also suggest reading a few "begats" before bed...nothing is more boring than someone else's genealogy ;)

Debbie said...

I don't think the "begats" would work...that's a little to close to seminary prep - especially since I just taught the "begats" this week.

The walk did seem to help - I still woke up, but I didn't stay awake for long. We'll see if it helps tonight - I have a big lesson tomorrow (starting the Beatitudes).

Keira said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you on this one.

Otherwise you're looking at a long, hard year...