Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Inquiring Minds Want to Know...

Nope, we haven't found the key yet. We did have a "breakthrough" last night. Son-in-law Cory came over and helped Steve to break into the car. We can now say with certainty that the key is NOT in the car. We can also use the car as extra seating in the garage. Just in case we have a lot of company....

The irony of the situation is not lost on me - I have been teaching lessons in seminary this week on : Prayer, Faith and Miracles. I give my class updates about the lost key. And about my faith - that it will not waver if we don't find it and have to spend lots of money on a replacement. Really it won't.

Steve and Cory did not break the window - it was after 10pm so I haven't heard the details yet - but I did see the car and it is intact.

3 comments:

Frankie/mom said...

Dad has a suggestion: Go to a wrecking yard, buy a key box (with 2 keys), install in new/used car. Apparently, it's not that difficult to do! Who knew? (well, dad, I guess)

Keira said...

Nathan has done auto-body work on our car handles...and if Nathan (with the help of the interwebnets) can do it, surely this an opportunity for Steve to rock the free world.

Or you could save yourself a headache and buy that $25 key.

Stephen said...

The key is tied to the car computer. A key that turns the ignition will not start the car unless the car computer recognizes the key. Even if we find the key I will still have to go to Ford and have them program the computer to recognize a second key. Once you have two working keys you can program the computer yourself.

Isn't technology great!