Monday, September 29, 2008

Waiting By the Phone

Andrew, or "Elder Andrew" as we now call him, is leaving the MTC today. In fact, he may have already left. Today's the day that he is flying to Japan. That means he gets to call home from the airport. Possibly from 2 airports (Salt Lake and Los Angeles).

Steve was trying to decide last night whether to stay home from work or not. I told him to go to work - just make sure he had his cell phone fully charged and the ringer volume on high. I promised to have Andrew call him. After I talk to him.

If anyone calls me this morning - don't be insulted if I hang up on you - I'm waiting for Andrew.

3 comments:

Keira said...

Duly noted. Have a great day!

Frankie/mom said...

When he does call, please give him our love and support. Tell him how proud we are of him too. Can't wait to read his letters home. He's going to be an awesome missionary. G'pa says he'll be up for another 50-miler with him when he get home. He'll only be 72 by then! They've asked him to be part of the 100 year anniversary in 2010! Ever the Scout!

Debbie said...

I just got off the phone with Andrew...he's doing fine - he's excited about going to Japan (I would be too). He is now calling Steve, then Stephanie.

I will be going to the post office today or tomorrow to pick up some international stamps. I think they cost a little over 90 cents. I want to find out how much I can put in the letters...

We will also be putting some money in our DearElder account. It costs the same as a stamp to send a letter that way to Japan - but it's easier and perhaps faster...it's been a great way for us to send him letters in the MTC, now we'll see if we like it as well for Japan.

We'll update his address if needed - he wasn't sure about that. We will probably send a letter or two to the mission home, but then hopefully we'll get an email with more information soon (he doesn't yet know when his p-day is).