Friday, September 26, 2008

My Brave Freshmen




Yesterday morning I was feeling like I had hit rock bottom. I hadn't slept well, my nose was running, my head ached, my eyes were watery and I suspect that I was running a bit of a fever. Nevertheless, I hauled my sorry self off to seminary and spent 50 minutes with my students. The low point was when I couldn't focus clearly to read my scriptures, I put on my reading glasses and they instantly fogged up - so I couldn't read with them on and I couldn't read without them. Thankfully my students are all quite capable of reading - so I had them do it.

The rest of the day went much better. The nose dripping tapered off, the eyes stopped watering, etc...On the strength of that I went ahead and made cinnamon rolls for my class for today.

One of the students saw them and asked if they were for class. I said yes, but they would have to be brave to eat them. He asked me what he would have to do (he must have been thinking he was on Fear Factor or something). I said "Remember, I had a cold when I made these."

I don't think anyone skipped taking one - and at least one boy had two. The good news is that it's a three day weekend. Anyone catching my cold today has a nice recovery window.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Your student must really love you. I'm not sure I would have eaten them not matter how delicious they look!