Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chance of Tears, 100%


It was fair to middlin' humid in young women's today.

I've been in R.S. when there is a "changing of the guard" and there were no tears. Ditto Primary. Ditto Cub Scouts (duh). I doubt if the young men's presidency chokes up too much when they have a new presidency installed (yes, yes, there are always exceptions!). The outgoing presidency was "invited" to go up and share their feelings about young women's. That's pretty much when we lost it. Yeah, me too. It was truly a bawl fest. At least my voice stayed in my normal range - none of that extra high squeaky stuff.

The new YW president gave us all a present and then later (after the girls had finished signing it), a card. I didn't look at the card until we were on the way home. I totally cracked up. Evidently the Laurel class president was in charge of getting the cards signed - and they ended getting passed around in Sunday School. Here's a sampling of the comments:

I (heart) U
Your the best!!!!! I Love You! (with heart under exclamation)
You Rock
Thanks so much for all you've done. You're a wonderful person and we're going to miss you!
etc...

Those comments were all sweet, but what really cracked me up was this:

Thanks for the Young Women! - James

3 comments:

Mad Runner said...

Great. A Sob Fest! I forsee a serious Sob Fest in my future. I have done this too long not to be entitled to a little bit of crying when they drag me kicking and screaming from the Primary chapel!!

Keira said...

Hmmmm. Crying when I get released from Cub Scouts...I think not.

Suzanne said...

The Young Women are always good for a cry. There are far too many hormones to miss that boat.

Sherri, I don't think you'll ever get released.