Sunday, September 7, 2008

Talking 'Bout My Generation(s)

I love this picture. Even though I am obviously behaving badly in it. (I'm the one that looks like a little Dutch boy - which I'm not. Not Dutch or a boy)

Marcy is standing on a little chair in front, I am being held by my grandmother, Hellen Hanna, Mom is standing between grandma (her mother in law) and Great Grandma Ida Bell Luther Hunter Harrison Momany. I look at pictures of my mother - and find it a little weird that I am older than she ever was in pictures. Looking at this picture is a little stranger. My grandmother was born in 1912. I was born in 1959. She was 47 when I was born - and I look to be around 2 years old in this picture....let's see....do the math.....Hmm. That would make her about 49 in this picture.

I'll be 49 next month.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Was this taken the same day as the Dutch Easter picture?

Are you having a birthday party? Maybe you can spread a little birthday cheer to your birthday niece. :)

Debbie said...

This picture is a year earlier. I look about the same - same haircut, same chubby face, boy clothes...But you can see that Marcy is much older -less baby fat on the cheeks), and dressed differently. I'll see if I can find that picture (on my computer, not just a framed copy) and post it,

Keira said...

Really she looks pretty good at 49. Some women of that era looked more like 60.

And you would be the naughty one...