Thursday, September 4, 2008

So Help Me Hanna...


I've never googled the name "Hanna" before - besides maybe looking for an intermittently and intentionally lost brother. But seeing the name attached to a storm made me a little curious. What other cataclysms bear my family's name?
  • Tropical storm "Hanna".

  • Hanna instruments, whose motto is "with great products come great results. I'll buy that.

  • Hanna Andersson - children's clothing.."Soft quality for kids and families, inspired by our Swedish heritage". Pretty sure we don't have any Swedish heritage, but after all, "Hanna" is her first name.

  • Hanna Winery & Vineyards. Hmm. Is there something Dad isn't telling us?

  • Hanna Cylinders. Now that's more like it. They advertise cylinders for the following uses: mobile, military, oil, steel, and nuclear (yes, I said nuclear).

  • Hanna-Barbera. As a child I was addicted to Saturday morning cartoons. I sooo wanted to be related to the people who made such great entertainment as The Flintstones, The Jetsons and Tom and Jerry.

  • There were a ton more entries, but I'll end with this one - Hanna Car Wash. An entry on their site states: BMW relies on Hanna Car Wash. We haven't yet taken the time to wash the bugs of Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Utah off the from of our van. I think I'll have Nathan take it to the car wash today - I'll have him look for a Hanna Car Wash logo.

3 comments:

Keira said...

I, too, am not thrilled with tropical storm Hanna--Why not Eunice? Something no one is named or wants to be.

Debbie said...

Or after pro-wrestlers - they would be flattered.

Suzanne said...

I personally was thrilled when I learned how they name them. I feel so smart when I listen to the names on the news.

It's slightly sacrilegious, but we used to say "Holy Hanna" in high school.