Thursday, September 25, 2008

Who You Gonna Call?


Umm, it's 4:30am and I sort of need a substitute for seminary. I started feeling the effects of a bad cold yesterday. It escalated from post nasal drip, tissue stuffed up the nose, sore throat and now a low fever. Very slight fever. Probably it will be higher later in the day. Yeah, yeah I'll take the vitamin C, etc...but what do I do about seminary now?

Is anyone else up? I can't think of many things worse than getting a phone call while you are still asleep asking you to haul your buns out of bed so that you can stand in front of a class of strange teenagers. Hmmm. What to do, what to do. If it were Friday I could ask Steve to take over, but he drives the vanpool Mon-Thurs...so he would have some unhappy vanpoolers if he bailed on them today.

Well, I guess I'll go take some Tylenol and make a cup of hot apple cider and hope for the best. Then I will ask the seminary principle what he would do.

Thank goodness I have about 15 minutes of video for today...that'll help.

3 comments:

Keira said...

I was up at 2:30 with a disturbing (really) pregnancy dream and a desperate need to pee...

I don't know how you do it everyday.

Frankie/mom said...

Dad would have happily waltzed in to 'save the day'! He attended substitute orientation at the high school yesterday afternoon. Now he waits for one more piece of documentation to arrive...THEN maybe he'll get a call for a job! You'd think he was going to work for the CIA! In the meantime, our yard is looking fabulous! I'll do some more pics today. Sorry you're sick & hope it's a 7-day or less cold!

Suzanne said...

So, how many cups of cider have you drank so far today?

I would have subbed for you...but only because you sound pitiful.