Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Scattered Pieces of My Life


Last night as I was going to bed I reviewed my day. Overall it had been a pretty good day - with the exception of a few major glitches with homeschool...but I didn't feel all that great about my day. Then I had an epiphany. Yesterday was like starting a jigsaw puzzle. You first dump all the pieces on the table and it doesn't make any sense, but then you start making patterns by joining the pieces until you're able to see more and more of the final picture.
Here are some of my pieces from yesterday that I had to try and fit together. (As bullet points, 'cause that's how I roll)
  • seminary. First day of,
  • WAVA (Washington Virtual Academy), First day of,
  • Tomorrow's seminary lesson to prepare (don't ask how long I spent on it...)
  • laundry (like the poor, it is always with us)
  • Nathan springing an old missionary companion on us (Hello Elder Metzger...)
  • Realizing that I would need to make some sort of effort for dinner (see above).
  • Having to go shopping for dinner....
  • Meeting a friend at the store and discussing our 13 year olds - making a "date" with her to take Danny swimming 3 times a week with her homeschooled daughter and another WAVA student from our ward.
  • Making dinner, cinnamon rolls for seminary AND FHE treat (I do double duty when and where ever I can)
  • FHE - which consisted of taking my family to church and setting up for seminary and then trying out my "Plan of Salvation" lesson on them.
  • another hour fine tuning today's lesson.
  • iron a skirt for today
  • sleep

I'm hoping the puzzle pieces go together a little easier today.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yes it's like a puzzle, but there are different puzzles mixed together. You have to figure out which puzzle you're working on. That's one complicated mess you're working on.

Stephen said...

It's one complicated mess but she makes it look beautiful.

Keira said...

It reminds me of that Shel Silverstein poem about the soggy puzzle piece on the sidewalk--a piece of sky, a patch of grass, a boat...

My life is feeling like pick-up sticks--Scouts starts today.

Mad Runner said...

Which puzzle are we working on now? I think I started on one that I shouldn't have and now am committed to finishing it.... LOOK! It's our lives!!