Monday, September 8, 2008

We Appreciate Your Patience...



I have spent about an hour on the phone today with Danny's new teacher, Mrs. Wilson. So...first parent/teacher conference of the year done. I like her - I think it won't be a problem working with her. I am a little concerned with a couple of other aspects of school.

First of all...it's the first day of school and we don't have his schoolbooks. We knew a week or two ago that this was a strong possibility, but I wasn't overly concerned - I just figured that most of his work would be online.

Second of all...got online this morning, set up Danny's account, went to his classes and guess what? He needs his textbooks. The online information does just that. Gives him the information on what to study.....hard to do without the books.

Third of all...later in the day the entire site went down due to technical glitches. I'm pretty sure it was due to all of the frustrated parents gettting online to figure out where the school books are.

Fourth....we still have to keep track of attendance. I had Danny do 40 minutes of P.E. and we found a book on his reading list for him to start on - "The Hound of the Baskervilles".

Maybe Sherlock Holmes could figure out where the missing books are.

6 comments:

Keira said...

They were pinched my Colonel Mustard in the conservatory with the wrench...

Keira said...

by not my--doh.

Suzanne said...

ETA for the books? How long can this go on without books?

Debbie said...

The site is back online now and we've been able to print off an entire math lesson...that bodes well. No idea about the eta for the books.

Mad Runner said...

I say it was Scarlet in the Billard room with a knapsack! Eee-gads!

m_perfect said...

I believe you gave the proper response ( that's right, be proactive!) but to complete the procedure you must also utter the word "Foobar" and shrug your shoulders. After all true knowledge can never be hindered if it is to be attained at all ( sly eyewink inserted here)...