Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Scope Creep


We made it to Portland in good time, thanks to the "lead foot" gene I inherited from Grandma Hanna. Keira, Steve and I sat around and planned out the project. Our project for the weekend (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) is to build a mantle and flanking bookcases in Keira's family room.

Enter husband Nathan. The project now entails some drywall repair and perhaps tile installation.

Keira and I are fighting a rearward battle against "scope creep". Let's just hope this project stays to manageable proportions and doesn't become a time and money pit.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

And thus, it begins to balloon. I'm glad that we're realists and we know that a project will cost twice as much and take twice as long as we want it to. We know this.

Debbie said...

I'm glad that we're realists, I just hope that Nathan is too. I think he is...the couple of days will tell.

Stephen said...

The reason it takes twice as long and cost twice as much is because Hanna women expect it to be done in half the time and at half the cost that a normal person would expect.

Of course we know there is nothing normal about Hanna girls.