Monday, April 28, 2008

Paint.


It can be fun to paint a room. Load up your roller with a fun color and roll it onto the wall. Instant gratification. That's not the kind of painting that I'm doing today (and probably tomorrow). No, I'm doing fiddly painting. Cracks and crevices (crevasses!), corners and edges. I was hoping to be able to use the roller on the beadboard - but it left too much paint in the crevices - so I had to use Ol' Betsy - my favorite edging brush.

I have to say, it's looking good, even if I am only painting it white.

Pardon me, NOT white - "Swiss Coffee". Granted, I don't know much about coffee, but I do know that it is generally dark brown. Cafe au lait is French for coffee with milk, right? So I understand that it is light brown. Evidently the Swiss take their milk with a drop of coffee - because it is pretty darn white.

I hope to be done painting by tomorrow, because the day after that I'm heading down to Portland ... where I hope to help Keira do some painting.

5 comments:

Mad Runner said...

So, now you have that French manicure you have always wanted! Even if it is Swiss Coffee - I won't tell!

Suzanne said...

Is this for the "Gentleman's Laundry"?

Debbie said...

Oui oui.

Wee wee.

Keira said...

I did my own painting last night--I got the primer on that burgundy wall. I miss my tv.

Tia was awesome and brought her family over last night for pizza and mantle/floor removal so all will be prepped when you come

Debbie said...

Tia is awesome. I'm looking forward to coming down to your house TOMORROW!