Thursday, July 31, 2008

Divine Intervention?


I spent some time this evening signing Daniel up for the Washington Virtual Academy (WAVA). It's the same organization that Stephanie has Kaith enrolled in. Anyway....as with most legal documents there comes along near the end the "fine print". Most of it had to do with "you are responsible to take good care of the material we send you, or else!". Standard boilerplate. I did crack up at the clause that implied that we needed to be insured for fire, theft, accident, ACTS OF GOD, etc...

Yes, it actually said "acts of God". I find it refreshing that the legal minds behind insurance forms/claims actually acknowledge God.

Cool.

I was also amused that a virtual academy required shot records.

2 comments:

Keira said...

I like the picture, Deb. But now I want to go check the insurance policy for our coverage on acts of God.

Stephanie said...

Of course the virtual school wants shot records--they're worried about a plague of computer viruses!