Thursday, July 24, 2008

Provident Living?

My husband would like to have a basement that looks like this picture. Two problems. One: we don't actually have a basement. Two: I'm not that organized.

Yeah, I could buy all the stuff, but then you have to rotate stuff and try and use it before it explodes.

That said, I am going to try and work harder at having a better food storage supply. I suspect we could live on what we have in the house right now comfortably for a couple of months (maybe not all that comfortably, but we wouldn't starve), then survive on subsistence food for 2 or 3 more months. I will try and work up to a good solid 3 months worth of food - everyday food, not 1000 pounds of wheat ;)- and we'll see where we go from there.

Nathan burned me a cd about 3 years ago with this song that always reminds me of food storage. Nothing more inspiring than a post apocalyptic song that features canned food. Maybe I'll play it more often to motivate me.

1 comment:

Keira said...

Acid washed jeans are de rigeur for post-apocalyptic fashion...