Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Don't Worry, Be Happy : )

After my "bibiopsy" yesterday, I had to go pick up a prescription. I don't usually read the document that comes along with prescriptions - you know the one with the fine print that has the laundry list of side effects....Anyway, since Nathan was driving me home I started reading out loud some of the "possible side effects". Most of them were exactly what you would expect: sleepiness, tiredness, dizziness, cough, nausea, vomiting, irritability, diarrhea, constipation, headache, stomach upset, dry mouth...I suspect those side effects are pretty much common. There was one that I just found funny (funny weird).

Worry.

Yup. That was one of the possible side effects. Of course, right after the initial list of possible side effects (which include worry) it says in all capital letters : "CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you experience..(and then follows another list).. and then right after that it says: "CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience...(laundry list of side effects number three)....


I don't know, somehow I find it ironic that "worry" is a side effect.

2 comments:

Keira said...

You've just had a bibiopsy. I guess this means you shouldn't worry about it.

Suzanne said...

Great, now I've got that song stuck in my head!!!!

The list of side effects are long and seemingly contradictory. Let's hope you have NO side effects.