Monday, July 21, 2008

Stop, whoa yeah, wait a minute Mr. Postman



July 16, 2008

Dear Family,

It's late Wednesday night so I'm going to keep this brief. After I left Dad we all filed through a fast paced line going up and down stairs, around corners and in different rooms. We received our room and companion information, a blue card to scan everywhere, a room key, had our pictures taken, and had our immunization records checked. Apparently I'm missing 1 our of 2 MMR shots. he one I'm on record as having was in 2000 so if you can find a record of me having that please mail it to me, and if not please let me know so I can get the shot here.

After that I headed to my residence with me newly received books and then retrieved my luggage as well. I met up with my companion Elder Andrews, he's a nice guy and I look forward to working with him. About an hour later we all went to the chapel for orientation and were told the importance of our companions among other things.

We ate dinner after that and it was delicious. I'll tell you more about it later.

After that the new missionaries all met with our branch presidency (the branches/zones were all separate). Our branch president, President Bird is a wonderful president (we were told never to say "guys"). Him and his counselors and their wives bore their testimonies and welcomed us. After that we all introduced ourselves and bore our testimonies.

I'm going to end my letter here because it's 10:15pm now but not much else happened today.

Love,
Andrew ****

p.s. I should be able to email family on my p-days. My p-days are Tuesday. I'll email Nathan because I know his email address.

3 comments:

Keira said...

Elder Andrews is his companion? That's almost as awesome as Elder North.

I think it's great that the dinner is worth its own installment...

AM Runner CA said...

Love that Andrew has Andrews as a companion! Keira's right - almost as good as Elder North by Elder West. Ha, ha!

Stephanie said...

Do you think they did that on purpose? And, yes, we did get a letter out. I think it posted Satueday.