Thursday, July 24, 2008

C is for Chicken and Corn and Cantaloupe

I had one semester of Home Economics when I was in eighth grade. Besides our obligatory sewing project (I made a skirt) we had a unit on cooking and nutrition. I'm not totally sure how nutritious "tuna noodle casserole" was, but that's the only thing I remember cooking in that class. One other thing I remember was that our food should be colorful - not everything on the plate the same color. Okay, not sure how scientific that is, but I'll bet it has some truth to it. That said, the dinner I served tonight would not have gotten a passing grade. Well, maybe a "C", but not any higher than that.

All our food was all from the yellow/orange family.

Oh, and it all started with the letter "C". Corn, cantaloupe and cheesy chicken enchilada (sorry, Danny loves it).

I should have made cookies for dessert.

2 comments:

Keira said...

We had pizza for eight.

That's colorful, right?

Debbie said...

Red sauce, white cheese, brown crust....green peppers? black olives? yellow pineapple? Lots of colorful options in pizza.