Thursday, July 31, 2008

Farewell July

July 2007 - what was I thinking?

Hard to believe how quickly summer is passing. As a child it felt like a year. As a parent I cringe when retailers start having "back to school" sales on July 5th. I'm not too caught up in that this year - I don't have anyone actually going to a real school on September 2nd. Well, Alex and I will be going to seminary.

Time to turn the calendar from July to August.

To do list for August:
  • Jonah's baptism
  • camping with Tia
  • hiking with YW
  • weekend without kids
  • Marcy's wedding?
  • Seminary inservice meetings/preparation
  • organizing homeschool for Danny
I'm sure there's lots more, but I don't want to get too overwhelmed. Right now the only overwhelming thing is seminary - and that's because it's new and unexpected. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Keira said...

I love the judicious use of question marks in your post. Diplomatic and hopeful at one and the same time.

Suzanne said...

Haha, ditto what Keira said.

I got overwhelmed just reading your list.

As a pointer for all seminary teachers; donuts are great incentives.

Debbie said...

Homemade cinnamon rolls are cheaper.