Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Like Patience on a Monument, or rather, On the Floor



She let concealment, like a worm i' th' bud,
Feed on her damask cheek; she pin'd in thought,
And with a green and yellow melancholy,
She sat like Patience on a monument
Smiling at grief. Was not this love indeed!
-Twelfth Night (Shakespeare)


Twice in one year.

I had to take Nathan to the DMV soon after he got home from his mission - because he had misplaced his wallet and needed to get a new license. We waited for over an hour.

I took Andrew and Alex today. It was over 1 1/2 hours of waiting. Sitting on the floor waiting, because although the waiting room is huge, for some reason there are only chairs in the front 1/3 of the room. My only consolation is that at least we took care of two licenses today.

While waiting in line for pictures I got to talking to an older lady in front of us - she mentioned how she had to renew every 5 years. It got me thinking, when does my license expire? Glad I looked - it's next year.

Next year I will have to go and wait in that soul-sucking place yet again.

1 comment:

Keira said...

...an 80-year-old woman is preparing to take a driving test. She is going to fail...

I love that dead-pan delivery. She looks like I did when I learned to drive stick.