Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's a Good Thing I'm an Early Riser


Well, I'm off the "tenterhooks". I made a few guesses last night as to what our high councilman was going to ask me to do - and after surprisingly few guesses I settled on....wait for it......seminary teacher.

Brother Lebo showed up at 5:30pm at my house today, and by 6:15 I was set apart as a seminary teacher. I don't know yet what age group I'll have, or how many kids, but I do know that the course of study this year is New Testament. I'm looking forward to it, really I am. Several years ago I used to substitute teach for seminary - and I think I've known since then that I would eventually be a seminary teacher - once Danny was old enough that I wouldn't have to be home in the morning to get him off to school.

A new day is dawning. And I'll be up to see it.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations and condolences, as they apply.
I like your version of "Get Me to the Church on Time." I was never quite comfortable with the entire language selection of My Fair Lady's version.
I enjoyed it when you substituted seminary, especially when I was in eighth grade and you did it at out house. It seemed to add an extra spirit.

Keira said...

I was never late when Dad was my seminary teacher. One of the best years ever.

He always made sure to bring treats on Friday...