Saturday, January 12, 2008

"A one and a two..."


Headbanging, grunge, hard rockin' accordian. Yeah, accordian.

I've had a strange fascination for accordians since I was about 8 years old taking piano lessons. The place my sister Marcy and I took piano lessons also taught accordian lessons, and sold accordians. While I was waiting for her to have her piano lesson I had to sit out in the store(?) area where all the cool accordians were. They had so many buttons, plus the keyboard, PLUS the accordian middle - and every accordian was different. There were some that were very shiny - and to an 8 year old - shiny is the ultimate cool. I had a secret wish to play the accordian - but considering the fact that I'm so uncoordinated at piano it's a good thing my parents never wasted time or money on accordian lessons. Accordian players seem to me to be the ultimate "rub your tummy and pat your head" type of people.


If I had realized how versatile accordians are I might have reconsidered.

2 comments:

Keira said...

So many buttons...I want to push them all.

And way to include the Valderi, Valdera Song--that was the third coolest thing about highschool german.

Suzanne said...

I think I'm still in a little awe that Mom took you to piano lessons.

My piano lessons consisted of playing "Hot Lava" and not touching the living room floor. I would run across the piano keys and from the other side of the house Mom would yell at us.

Moms' have eyes in the back of their heads!