Child #4 (who will be 20 next month) has been on one date. His was arranged - he didn't choose who - he was assigned a date (she was a real cutie - got married a few weeks ago). That was back when he was about 17 or 18.
Child #5 - who came of legal dating age over a year ago (legal dating age at our house: 16) - has yet to ask a girl out. Certainly won't in the forseeable future.
Child #6 - still has 3 years to go.
Not dating definitely has its pros and cons.
- I don't have to worry about them staying out late with a girl (and what they might be doing)
- saves money (movies/dinners/clothes/....)
- I don't need call waiting for the phone
- no mood swings from rejection
- my boys are not getting any practice with "relationships".
- the last one pretty much says it all. It's a biggie...
I wish I knew of a way to help boost their confidence, it's not that I'm in a hurry for them to date, but I think going out a few times before getting engaged would be a good idea. I am curious as to how long after he gets home it will take Nathan to dive into the dating pool.
This clip is my boys idea of the dating game.