Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Love Trash (Day)


It's trash day on our street.
I have been around long enough to see quite an evolution in garbage cans. When I was a kid we had the classic aluminum cans. They looked pretty cool when they were new - but I don't ever remember having a new one. Probably because they aged pretty fast. They dented easily and the shininess wore off quickly. We hauled ours to the dump in the back of a pickup and dumped our own trash. During the 80's plastic garbage cans became popular. They didn't dent - you could back into them with a car and they would probably bounce, but they had problems too. The lids had a tendency to blow off, never to be seen again, and if they were really full and heavy they had a tendency to bulge - and they were hard to carry. The later ones of these came out with a new feature...wheels. Nice as long as they lasted. Ours had a tendency to come off. Today's cans are great. The garbage company supplies them. They are rugged, they have a hinged lid that doesn't fly away and the wheels stay on.
I just wish it was recycling day too.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

As soon as I started reading, I thought to myself, "Wouldn't Sesame Street be oh so appropriate?" I loved the links!

Keira said...

anime. you are a fan of anime. and why is it that recycling and trash aren't on the same day?

Debbie said...

Recycling day is only every other week. Darn it.