Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Reflections


Steve was the door answerer, candy hander outer. There's not enough room in my entry for more than one grown adult. I didn't see most of the trick or treaters, but I heard them.


Conclusions:

* Steve's costume rocked. Many delighted comments by the kiddies and some by the adults. Sweet.

*Kids today are more politically aware. Two separate groups urged us to vote. The first one was just a reminder to vote, the second...vote Obama. Is it a coincidence that the Obama supporters were one of the last groups here - after 8:30pm?

*All of our lawn signs are down this morning.

I hope everyone else had a happy Halloween. In keeping with the spirit of the season, I've linked to an article about happiness...and politics.

And now it's time to take down the pumpkins and put up the turkeys.


2 comments:

Keira said...

All your signs are down? Bummer. We got props from two groups for our McCain/Palin sign and still have our sign and no smashed pumpkins.

I was the candy hander outer (always am while Nathan takes the kiddies around) but this time every time I got up to answer the door, I needed to use the euphemism...

Debbie said...

My worst Halloween experience was when Nathan was 3 days old...I was home alone with him(in Provo) while Steve was up in Salt Lake taking David & Stephanie trick or treating(they had been staying with grandparents, so he was also picking them up)...I ran out of candy way early - and resorted to ancient Christmas candy (peppermint disks)