Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Disaster Narrowly Averted!


OR
The Dangers of Multi-Tasking

I was trying to do a little too much at one time this morning. I made pie crusts, then started Danny on school while I was making the fillings. Unfortunately for me I missed a vital ingredient for the pumpkin pies...that which takes the pumpkin from a side dish to dessert. Yup, I forgot the sugar. As I shut the oven door I felt a prompting "you forgot the sugar". I pulled those pies out, dumped them in a bowl, mixed in the sugar, poured them back in the shells and put them back in the oven. I'm sure they will taste fine, the crusts just look a little funny.

I'm hoping our "possessed" oven decides to work okay tomorrow...while I have a turkey in it for hours. It locked and unlocked itself while the pies were cooking...let's hope it doesn't throw something new at us tomorrow.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

So, I shouldn't call you tomorrow when I have questions about how long to cook turkey?

Keira said...

I love that clip. Watching the spark race through the wall and Hanks frantically saving the toaster--or was it the coffee pot--is a priceless reminder never ever to buy a fixer-upper.

Mad Runner said...

A little whipped cream around that edge and that pie is perfection I tell you!