Monday, November 10, 2008

We've Got Chemistry?


Alka -Seltzer. Check. (today's experiment - "Double Your Bubbles")

Assorted Gum Drops. Check. (tomorrow's science project - building molecules)

Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate. No dice. They were fresh out at Fred Meyer. I'll have to go further afield tomorrow. Maybe Home Depot.

Frankly with a name like "copper sulphate pentahydrate" I'm a little nervous. I'm hoping Homeland Security doesn't decide to check us out. That said, I haven't read ahead to see what that experiment is all about - but considering we had a wee explosion last week - and that was just with a little muriatic acid and a galvanized nail , well, enough said.

3 comments:

Keira said...

You cannot escape the simple fact that you taught your son how to make a nail bomb.

The best of homeschooling tradition...

Mad Runner said...

I'm checking the Home Land Security Website for a reward for information leading to your arrest. Sorry Deb. These is hard times and we needs the dough..

Suzanne said...

I'll race you Sherri. I'm sure that they've made some list. She'll probably never be able to fly again with a full body and luggage check.