Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Anticlimatic


I'm a little bummed out by science. Don't get me wrong, I love science - especially experiments that go "boom", but today's experiment just left me cold. After all the effort I went to to finally locate copper sulfate, and with an experiment called "dissolving metals" - well, let's just say my hopes were high. If not a boom, at least some cool face melting potential.

Nope.

A little sediment was formed, the copper sulphate solution got a little paler than it started out. That was it. In all fairness our copper sulphate may or may not have been quite the right stuff...but it was all I could find. So here I am feeling a bit betrayed by science.

I guess I'll have to check our DVR and see if we have an episode of Mythbusters. They do my kind of science.

2 comments:

Keira said...

"Some cool face-melting potential" ought to have been accompanied by a clip from "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark", at least.

Sorry about the downer. All that hunting and all you have is pale metal. That bites.

Debbie said...

Tomorrow we are making "slime". This is a mixture of water, borax and Elmer's glue. If you want the recipe for your cubs I can give it to you...