Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I've done my civic duty, and all I got was this lousy sticker.

Resignation. That's the emotion of the day. R-E-S-I-G-N-A-T-I-O-N. I suppose that's better than outright nausea...low expectations are what are keeping me afloat right now.

I did stop by Starbucks this morning - waltzed in right after seminary - dropped off our ballots - and waltzed right on out. Okay, okay, there was no waltzing. Appropriately enough it was pouring rain...even the heavens were weeping.

I refuse to give in to depression. As I told a friend of mine yesterday (she was bemoaning the fact that the Dems will control everything) - we get to blame everything on them for the next 4 years. Everything. I suppose that's sort of the "here's a lovely parting gift" kind of reward, but at this point I'll take anything positive.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Full responsibility, that is the silver lining, right?

Debbie said...

I have one other bright spark (alas, only one) to look at - Prop 8 looks like it might actually pass...despite a huge Democrat voter turnout. That's pretty cool.

It wasn't quite a liberal sweep in Washington state...but very nearly. I figured it would be, so while disappointing, it's not unexpected. The good news - now if I want to kill myself here in Washington I can get a doctor to help me. Wahoo.

Frankie/mom said...

I too, am striving desperately to suppress the wave of despair rushing towards me. Dad is 'super duper' this morning, as usual....."no use in crying over spilt milk" says he. (Ever the optimist! Isn't that great?) However, we are both praying for this country, as we ask you all to do as well.

(My verification word says it all for me this morning: BLERN!)

Keira said...

I went to bed at 9 last night to avoid the media effusions over "The One".

But I'll take Prop 8. That's a great sign.

Mad Runner said...

I was with Keira. I turned it off right after 8 pm when Charlie Gibson announced the winner. Prop 8 is still in the news. Last night they declared it a winner, this morning they are talking about counting ballots...blah, blah, blah. Get over it - you lost! I am just in a mood about this whole thing. Sorry Dad, I may not cry over split milk but I will rant a little!