Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sign of the Apocalypse

Six days a week I make waffles. Or rather, I make waffle. Danny has had a waffle for breakfast nearly every day for years. I can (and probably have) made waffles in my sleep. Thanks to Krusteaz all I have to do is dump some mix in a bowl, drizzle a little oil, run it under the cold water for a second, stir, add chocolate chips, and bake in the waffle iron. It's not rocket science.

Today in the food section of the paper there was an article about a new product. "Batter Blaster" (it does sort of sound like rocket science) - a pancake or waffle mix that you spray out of a can. Did I mention it's organic? It comes in a can that looks exactly like whipped cream cans. I refuse to buy it. I mean, come on...It can't be environmentally friendly - and after having 4 of my kids use disposable diapers I feel that I should at least TRY to be kinder to the planet.

2 comments:

Keira said...

I am constantly amazed by how difficult some people find it to make waffles. Do they think they have to do it from scratch or something?

This Blaster thing is disturbing--way beyond the glory of mini-carrots.

Debbie said...

Some technology is great (say...dustbusters and dvr's) but spray pancakes? I can't see it really catching on. It is disturbing. I liked that under the article about the spray pancake mix they had a recipe for real pancakes. Of couse they are the "from scratch" type that I wouldn't bother with - and might actually drive someone to buy the spray stuff.