Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Musical Selections from the Wrong Side of the Tracks

Headline photo in the local paper this morning

I headed over to Wal*Mart this morning after dropping Alex off at seminary. I had to wait for a freight train (which is strangely enough, good news) so that I could cross the tracks and get to the store.

I usually don't even hear the background music in stores anymore...I tune it out. But somehow, at 6:30am, with few other shoppers or distractions I noticed what was playing.


The three songs in a row that I heard were (in order)


Washed in the Blood of the Lamb (country gospel - this clip is better than the version I heard)

You Can Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac)

Colors of the Wind (from the Disney movie "Pocahontas")


I felt a little like I was in an episode of Sesame Street while they were playing the game "One of these things is not like another..." except that NONE of these things WAS like another.

No comments: