Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Catch 22

Nathan as judge in the ward chili cook-off
"as Elder West makes his way thru the 12 different types of chili, he discovers the undisputed winner for the spicy category."


In a way, it's too bad that Nathan has to come home from his mission.

In a way.

In another way, I am quite ready for him to be home.

In a way.

It's sort of a "Catch 22". I'm going to miss his emails and letters. I have thoroughly enjoyed our correspondence over the past two years. Not a week has gone by that we haven't communicated at least once and usually twice. Before his mission (while he was living at home) I'm not sure if I could have said that. We'll have to try and build on the past two years and see if we can continue communicating. Maybe in cookie form.

Nathan's current companion, Elder Grish

"Elder Grish is presented with my sentiments, in cookie form"

22 days to go.

2 comments:

Keira said...

Is that Nathan? He is looking good.

I once had a copy of Catch 22 with 40 pages missing. I'm not sure it materially effected the rational flow of the novel (if there is one) and I can only remember a busty Italian hooker jumping up and down in rage. (I think that's where I left off.) It taught me that old books are not the same as old movies.

Debbie said...

Yes, that is Nathan, and yeah, he's looking good.