Monday, March 24, 2008

A Fresh Start


I started homeschooling Daniel the very week my mother-in-law came for an 8 week visit.

I appreciated having a schedule to keep to without interruption, but it did come at a cost. Pretty much for the past 8 weeks Daniel and I have been holed up in my office. My 9x10 foot office. Slightly claustrophobic (the walls were closing in).

We now have the luxury of spreading out to the living room, dining room and even the kitchen counter. It's wonderful. I can now have Daniel working on math at the dining room table, and I can be more than 12 inches away (which was too close).

4 comments:

Keira said...

Very evocative picture--One of your own?

How inspiring to find freedom just going from room to room.

Debbie said...

The picture is from a couple of summers ago - when we were camping down near the Columbia River Gorge.

Suzanne said...

Totally cool picture. It looks like a lava tube. I'm not sure that I could go in it though. I'm such a chicken.

It must be nice to spread out with school work. How is your office looking after so much usage? I'm not sure you ever too a picture of your hutch.

Debbie said...

It was a lava tube, and I didn't think I could go in it, but I did.

My office is a little worse for the wear. I'll try and get it straightened out in the next couple of days and take a picture.