Friday, March 28, 2008

Out Like a Lion...


Fire and Ice
By Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.


There was an article in our local paper today about global warming. It said that the western US is experiencing more of it than elsewhere in the States. Did I miss something, somewhere? If this is warming, I wonder what kind of an ice age we'd have with this degree of global cooling?

4 comments:

Keira said...

Snow in late March.

Did I miss something somewhere?

Suzanne said...

I had a dream the other night that we got 6 inches of snow. Thank goodness it was just a dream. I am in the mood for Summer, I've even painted my toenails in hopes of sandal weather.

Those are some pretty pictures though.

Debbie said...

I think you would have to classify this weather as "sloppy". It's thoroughly wet and drippy and cold.

Stephen said...

It hailed so much this afternoon we couldn't go down the steep road we usually use. It had a couple inches of slushy hail and was closed.