Sunday, June 1, 2008

An Eye For An Eye

I was working on dinner yesterday when I accidentally splashed myself with a little bit of boiling water. One drop flew up to my right eye. I'm not sure if it actually hit my eyeball, but it sure felt like it did. Anyway....after holding a cold cloth on it a while I noticed that my vision in that eye was blurry. I'd like to blame it on the water, or maybe holding the cloth against my eye. My eye feels mostly okay today, but I noticed that if I cover up my right eye, I can focus on reading material just fine (as long as it is at least 8 inches away). If I cover up my left eye, I can't focus until the printed page is 2 or more feet away. Yeah, I'd like to blame it on the water, but in all fairness to the water, lately I have been having a little tougher time reading in bed - it's late, my eyes are tired, the light is dim...


I'm afraid it's middle age rearing its squinty eyes at me. Time to call the eye doctor.


Then I'm gonna need Suzanne to help me pick out glasses.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'll help you out, but first you have to change your top picture. :) I thought that I needed new glasses after looking at that.

Are you not looking forward to having to wear glasses? I swear that I wanted glasses and braces when I was little. Didn't get the braces (could use them now) but I have had glasses since high school. I was actually relieved to get them and be able to read the blackboard again.

I should make a special trip just to help you pick out the frames. :)

Keira said...

Free the Presbyopic Six! (Remember that commercial?--maybe if you were blind like the rest of us you would.)

How is it you've never worn glasses before? You're no sister of mine.

Debbie said...

I came from the deeper end of the gene pool.

Just kidding. I don't know if Marcy and I would have been allowed to admit to needing glasses.

Mad Runner said...

I got glasses in my early twenties and wore them until mid pregnancy with Connor - stopped wearing them for 12 yrs and now ... I'm with you Deb. It's seems to be a slippier slope this time and there's no goin' back!