Sunday, June 8, 2008

Technology Rocks



It's Sunday night and I'm helping Alex finish up a report board for his history class. He had to do a timeline on a topic that he chose from the 20th century. He chose "Nuclear Stuff During the Cold War" I think his title will be "From Atom Bombs to Star Wars, A Brief Look At Technology During the Cold War". I'm just helping to find pictures for it.

I have been helping my kids to do reports like this for years - heck - practically for decades. As I look back at how difficult, costly and time consuming they used to be - I'm pleased and amazed at how easy it all is now.

Me: "Alex, would you like a picture of Chernobyl?

Alex: "Sure."

Me: (1 minutes later) "Which picture would you like?"

It's ridiculously easy. I think the next step in technology will allow us to link audio/visual for a sequential image, stereophonic, multi-media event.

2 comments:

Keira said...

I can hardly remember a time when I used to have to go to the library or the wall of Encyclopedias to research reports on various topics.

I love living in the future.

Debbie said...

We still use our encyclopedias. But not that often. It's usually much faster and easier to use the computer.

Technology rocks.