Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Dead Zone


Can you hear me now? Can you hear me NOW? Can YOU hear ME now?

We do quite a bit of our shopping at Fred Meyer here in Marysville. It's in a good location - near the high school, near where Andrew was working, close to church...The biggest problem I have with shopping there is the fact that it is the last remaining "dead zone" for my cell phone in town.

I called Steve this afternoon as he was going there - so that I could ask him to pick up some Vidalia onions for me. Two frustrating phone calls replete with "can you hear me now" and he brought me home one yellow onion. Oh well, at least he was close. It would have been a lot more disappointing if I had needed him to bring home something more vital, like ice cream, oh, I mean milk.

Where are your "dead zones"?

4 comments:

AM Runner CA said...

You would think in Silicon Valley we wouldn't have dead zones! But no. You head up to SF on Highway 280 and just as you get to Cupertino .... Can you hear me now?

Suzanne said...

What? I'm pulling into my garage..Can you hear me now? My house is a dead zone, unless I stand on the back patio and have the kids make rabbit ears.

Debbie said...

The back of my garage - where we have our food storage is sometimes a dead zone, also - occasionally my walk-in closet. The rest of the house is fine.

Keira said...

Still practically sending smoke signals with rocks and wood.