Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cats


I will never own a cat. I know, I know, never say never. But seriously, I will never own a cat. I have a very good reason/excuse: Nathan. He is quite allergic to cat dander. When he used to go over to his best friend's house for a sleep over, he would come home bleeding from scratching himself. This was before we knew he was allergic to cats. He still went over after we found out, but he did take allergy medication that helped. Somewhat.

We have a couple of cats that run around in our neighborhood - one of them is an orange striped tabby. I was told that it belongs to the neighbors a couple of doors down. I quite like this cat. I'm not sure how much the neighbors feed it (it looks well fed), but whether they feed it or not it looks perfectly capable of supporting itself. I have seen it 3 or 4 times catching mice outside. Another one of our neighbors told Steve that it has caught birds and bunnies (I guess they rescued the bunny).

If only we could teach it to catch moles.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I thought that I liked cats. Then we got one.

I wish that my kids were more allergic. Then I'd have a medical reason to find another home for the cat. As it stands, I'd feel too guilty. Stupid guilt!

Keira said...

No Cats!

But I'd have a mole hunter if I was worried about moles.