Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Utopia? I Think Not.



Irony of the day: Daniel studying Thomas More's "Utopia" while wearing ear muffs to help mask the sound of the jackhammer that is busy tearing up the sidewalk in front of our home.

Right after I took these pictures, one of the English speaking workers came and informed me that half of my driveway would be blocked for the rest of the day - and if I wanted to use our vehicle I needed to move it. I did.

Soon after the construction workers (destruction workers?) started boring a hole in our sidewalk, the heavens opened and the rain (and hail) descended. The workers all took refuge in the various and sundry vehicles associated with their business. The worker had warned me that our street would get pretty wet, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't what he had in mind.






6 comments:

Frankie/mom said...

Isn't that a McCain/Palin sign in your yard! Way to stand tall!
Did they tell you (in english) what exactly they are doing tearing up the street? Your right to know, dontchathink?

Stephen said...

When they replace the sidewalk do you think we could get them to pour a little concrete slab behind the house?

Debbie said...

I'm only voting for McCain because I can't vote for Romney...I do have to say that Palin makes McCain far more palatable.

Steve - if they come to the door again, I will ask.

Suzanne said...

I love the pictures, especially Danny. Did the head gear work with concentration? I'm thinking that I need a pair.

m_perfect said...

Let Danny start teaching preschoolers (nursery helper comes to mind) and then he will get the skills he needs to block out anything!!!

Keira said...

Love the sign and love the ear "mufflers"...

Have a fun trip!