Thursday, October 2, 2008

Beef. It's Not Just For Dinner.


Keira, you may want to just stop right here. Consider yourself warned.


I had to go grocery shopping today. Had to. First stop, Albertson's. Albertson's is having a great sale back in the meat department on chicken tenders (raw), and extra lean ground beef. Because of the sale there were a couple of people ahead of me - some lady buying about 30 pounds of meat (not kidding) and a cart with a couple of things in it. I was trying to be courteous so when a guy stepped back up to his abandoned cart I let him go before me. Bad move. Bad. Move.


First of all we both had to stand there and wait for 30 lbs. of meat lady - which was taking a while. Fine, I wasn't in a huge hurry. The mistake I made was not paying enough attention to the guy when he first walked back up to his cart. If I had, I might have just gone before him. He was one of those scruffy looking guys - dirty plaid shirt over dirty tee-shirt - dirty jeans -...you get the picture. Thankfully this is not smell-o-vision, because besides being dirty he reeked. Reeked like there's no tomorrow. Like Weyerhauser on a foggy morning. Like he had started smoking as a teenager and took a vow to never change his clothes again. Cigarettes and BO. Yuk. But wait, you say, I've stood beside that guy before (or his brother). He might smell bad, but give a guy a break. He may honestly not know how foul he smells. Fine. I'll cut him slack on the filth and odor. That's not enough to blog about. No. What really got to me happened after he ordered his 4 pounds of raw hamburger. Yeah. He started eating it. And then raving about how good it was. And how he always snacked on it when he was making meatloaf or hamburgers or whatever.

Next time, I'm going first.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, barf. That's what you get for being courteous.

So, did you order 30 lbs. of meat?

Debbie said...

8lbs. 4 of each. It's sales like this one that make me wish I had a bigger freezer.

Frankie/mom said...

Sounds like he is a former patient of an emptying mental institution to me! (They simply let them loose on the street!) And one who likes to shock for effect. Looks like it worked. Yes, there ARE fruity nut cases out there AND some are even our family members!

Keira said...

Cut him some slack--this is probably his last time off the "compound" before him and the others hunker down for the siege.

m_perfect said...

What men will do to impress a cute girl! Sooooo,take it as a compliment?