Monday, October 6, 2008

Men at Work

There is a very small sign near the entrance to my neighborhood that says "Improving your services, from the ground up". I'm unclear as to what services are being improved, and why I have to put up with a jackhammer and/or generator outside my house for days on end.

It wasn't so bad when they were on the street below our house - just a little background noise...but the noise we have had today is quite distracting. Danny keeps wanting to watch out the window - and I keep telling him to get on with his schoolwork.

Whatever they're doing I do have to appreciate the fact that it must be helping the economy. After all, keeping 20 or 30 people employed digging up people's yards has got to be injecting some sort of income into the economy.

Speaking of "men at work" here's a little silliness from them.

No comments: