Friday, October 17, 2008

TGIF




(to the tune of Billy Joel's "Piano Man")

It's 4:50 (am) on a Friday...
I've got a coffee cake in the oven.
I've taken my shower
and used the the blow dryer...
Man, what am I doing here?


Now, Keira, she writes about politics
Sue takes great pics of her kids,
Sherri, she comments
when she gets a free moment...
Man, what am I doing here?


La la la, de de da
La la, de de da

chorus:
Sing us a song in seminary
Sing us a song in tune.
After opening prayer, and devotional,
you know that the lesson is soon.

Now Friday we often play games in class,
flashlight chase or Taboo*,
Today's no exception
We're ditchin' the lesson
The game involves popping balloons.

What do you expect at 4:50 in the morning? Shakespeare?



4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Bravo!!! Bravo! Excellent post.

How does the popping balloons relate to Seminary?

Debbie said...

If I took a poll of my students favorite seminary games the balloon popping game would win. Hands down. Or rather, bums down.

2 teams - each has a different color of balloon. A team member runs to the front of the room, grabs a balloon from the pile then has to blow it up, sit on it (to pop it), find the clue that was on a small piece of paper inside, and then find the scripture that related to the clue. Team members could help look for the scripture.

It was a total blast. Very fast paced. Too bad I only had 22 balloons today. Next time I'll do 30 or 40.

Keira said...

Three verses, a chorus and a bridge??? At four 4:30 I wouldn't expect English, coherence and correct spelling.

Encore!

Mad Runner said...

Nice singing this morning. The more (Hanna) voices the better - we tend to sound better in groups!