Sunday, October 26, 2008

Let's Review...


I drove over 500 miles this past weekend. I would have driven more if I had to...

I don't really feel like I need to do much of a recap - since about 90% of my target audience was visiting me - they know what we did. And yes, it did involve a lot of driving. Here goes anyway:

Thursday - picked up Sherri from the airport a little after 3pm, Hung out with her at IKEA while we waited for Suzanne to fly in a little after 5pm. Drove home during rush hour. That's love.

Friday - Sherri and Suzanne came to seminary with me and helped by being a timer and a bell dinger for our game: Chase for Breakfast. Suzanne (with her magic picture taking abilities) and Sherri as photographer's assistant went and took pictures of Alex (senior pics) while I peeled fresh picked apples for a pretty darn good apple pie. A little shopping, then off to the temple where we met up with Keira and Tia and went through a session together. Then home to eat our apple pie.

Saturday - at 5:30 am I went over to the church while Sherri and Suzanne went running. I rummaged around in the library until I found a slide projector - then back home where I set it up and we proceeded to sort through hundreds of slides mainly from the 1960's. 9am we went to "Super Saturday" (or "Stupid Saturday" as one sister called it) - where we met up with Stephanie and Sterling. A couple of hours of group crafting, then back home for lunch and so that Sherri could pack up. Drove Sherri to the airport, stopped by the distribution center for Tia, drove back up to Marysville - spent an hour or possibly two at Kohl's department store helping Tia spend her birthday gift certificate on new clothes. Picked up Chinese food and went home to dinner and a movie.

Sunday: Up at 5:20 am to take Suzanne to the airport...back home at 7:30 - time to get ready for church. Ward Conference from 9 to noon. Home. Lunch. A fond farewell to Keira and Tia. Nap from 2:30 to 4pm. A bit more than my usual, but hopefully that puts me back on track for seminary tomorrow.

A good time was had by all.

6 comments:

Frankie/mom said...

Wow! That's love. Next time they could coordinate their arrivals & departures a little closer...ha ha
I thought you'd post pics of all the crafts you all made. Or was it really "stupid Saturday"? Suzanne truly does have a gift & those bright red leaves behind him.. stunning! Glad everyone had fun.

Debbie said...

No, it wasn't "stupid Saturday" - I heard "we should come here every year for Super Saturday".

I'll post a few pics tomorrow.

Keira said...

What? NO mention of our brisk after-dinner walk?

That was my highlight.

Mad Runner said...

The coordinating wasn't happening. Suz and I spent many hours trying to fanagle a Sunday am departure for me too. I thought it would be bad form for me to be absent for our Primary Program - which went great! Many teary parents involved!

Thanks so much for the bed and Suz played the bed warmer quite well! XXoo!

Suzanne said...

Can I just cut and paste your post to my blog? I guess I can't say that I drove 500 miles. You really do love us! (Especially the 5:30 PM pick up and 6:45 AM drop off)

m_perfect said...

I, personally, like the shot of Sherri emerging from the jungle. Looks like it might have been rough out there!