Monday, October 13, 2008

A letter from Elder Nishi


Dear Family,

Hello again everyone. I`ve now been in Japan for almost 2 weeks. This past week I have taught a few more lessons that have gone alright. Eaten dinner at 3 member`s houses. Before coming to Japan I had the idea that they didn`t eat really big meals but they do. I`m not used to eating so much rice so I get full quickly and have trouble finishing everything. Everyone seems to like Mogi-cha which is a drink made from... I`m not sure actually, you people can look it up on the internet if you want. I`m not a big fan of it yet but I can drink it. It smells like cigarettes so I try not to inhale while drinking it.

Nishi (Japanese for West) is a Japanese family name as well. There`s actually a Nishi Family in our ward right now. The ward has about 60 people in sacrament meeting and a few hundred inactives. But everyone who comes is really nice I think.

McDonalds here aren`t uncommon but I haven`t seen any of the other major fast food restaurants here.

Every Wednesday night we teach English class. Divided into 3 separate groups. My group only had 4 people in it, but it was pretty fun. There are a couple Japanese members who attended the English Sessions of Conference with us. One of them has actually read the Book of Mormon in English.

Today, if I can get a hold of the mission president, I plan on buying an electronic dictionary. They have ones you can write kanji on so you can find what stuff is saying.

I did get a couple letters in the mail so far so you`re sending them to the right address. If someone took a few pictures of our house, a view of Marysville from Whiskey Ridge, and the area behind our house I would appreciate it.

Well that`s about it for now I guess. If you want longer letters, ask more questions.

Sincerely,

Elder Andrew West.

1 comment:

Keira said...

Rice????!!

I want some rice. What I wouldn't give for some carbs...