Thursday, October 30, 2008

Seminary "Doilies"

There are 7 seminary classes in my building. The teacher breakdown is 4 female, 3 male, plus one more male for building supervisor. Pretty even. Except for the building supervisor (who is a retired CES employee) the men in our building have full time jobs...outside of seminary. Not so the women. I don't think any of us have another "job". That leaves us girls more time to make extras for our classes - handouts, games, visual aids, etc, etc....One of the male teachers complained that because of his lack of prep time, his wife was helping him with the "doilies". Now anything "extra" in class is referred to (by the teachers) as "doilies".

I made these treat bags (thank to Sherri for the template!) for Halloween. I made another "doily" - but it's not so photogenic.

My other doily is a huge batch of red jello that I put skeleton pieces into ...yes, we're "Bobbing for Bones". I plan to have them use a pair of old pliers to try and fish pieces out - I'd hate to send the kids to school with red jello stained hands.


4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh carp. Now I have to hate you more. :)

Those are terribly cute.

Mad Runner said...

I filled mine with caramel corn and then sent an extra baggie labeled 'POISON' with more since there wasn't enough to share. They did turn out cute didn't they!

Keira said...

Doilies--I just love that euphemism.

Frankie/mom said...

Glad you posted a singular pic of it so I could see it better. Great halloween tablecloth, but they disappeared into it. Really cute idea! Nice to see 'handicrafts' are still in vogue! Men's idea of a 'doilie' would be maybe.... a marshmallow, period, :)