Sunday, August 17, 2008

Synchronicity


Our lesson in young women's today was on studying the scriptures.

I am currently reading the New Testament.

We are smack dab in the middle of the Olympics.

I was reading this today:

I Corinthians 9:24
"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one recieveth the prize? So run, that ye many obtain."

Is this a sign that it's okay to watch the Olympics on Sunday? All of it or just the track events?

If I wasn't quite so swamped with seminary and young women I would be very tempted to just veg out on the couch for the rest of the day.

4 comments:

OKTownsends said...

Debbie, I don't think I ever got used to getting up at 5 a.m. and when I started teaching Seminary in March of 2006 I wasn't released from YW until September. That was a little stressful. I am happily sleeping in this year and not teaching. You'll do great I'm sure.
My son, who is off to BYU this year, just got a letter from his new bishop. The bishop's name is Rick Bruno. I just thought that was funny and maybe you will too.

Keira said...

The body is a temple--I'm all over the Olympics on Sunday.

Debbie said...

That is funny (Lori) - is it the same guy we knew? That would be really funny, and kind of nice.

Maybe I'll stop whining about YW - that would be tough to haved to stay in both that long. It's not that I'm stressing out about YW as much as I'm stressing about seminary. I think they will be releasing the entire YW presidency - which is why it's taking so long. A new presidency AND a new MIA Maid teacher. I'm glad I'm not the bishop.

Debbie said...

Keira - I think I read a scripture about that today also.