Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to School Preparations


I feel woefully unprepared for "back to school". I've spent more time this summer setting up and dealing with kids and school than I usually do (in summer), but it still doesn't quite seem real. In spite of all the signing up, placement tests, registering, emails, phone calls, etc... I haven't done the one thing that really evokes that "back to school" feeling.

Back to school shopping.

Alex and Nathan don't actually start school until September 22nd. That's right, the 22nd. They will both be going to Everett Community College. This will be their first time since Alex was in preschool to be going to the same school together. Nathan pretty much has a new wardrobe since he got back from his mission - so no need for new clothes there. Alex, yeah....well, he pretty much needs the gamut. Except socks. He's good on socks.

Danny starts school on the 8th - but since he's "virtually" going to school, I "virtually" have not bought him any new clothes...I haven't felt that pressure yet. I think I should get him some new clothes. Nothing says "back to school" like new socks and underwear and a pair of new shoes.

Speaking of underwear, HERE"S a related Olympic story that I found fairly hilarious.

I think I'll have to post later about back to school shopping in my youth.

1 comment:

Keira said...

They didn't have any tighty whities?

Talk about a human rights violation...