Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Downside of a Large Library




I have a pretty good grasp of what books we own. I may not remember every one, but I do have a fair idea of what books are in my house and a general idea of where there are. I have a lot of books in my house. Here's where the downside comes in. I couldn't find a certain book today. The title of the book is: "Is There and Object to Your Lesson?" (yes, more seminary related stuff). I searched. And searched. I enlisted Nathan and Alex. They searched. I did finally find it - it had fallen down behind the couch in the living room. I had had to take apart the couch (remember it has 3 large sections) to move it to look behind it.


So...I moved the couch, vacuumed up the dust bunnies (whole generations of dust bunnies), mopped the floor, vacuumed the area rug, and I still haven't put the couch back where it belongs...sigh.

3 comments:

Keira said...

Aha! But you had the book! So the minus is really a plus with an accessibility problem.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations and condolences, as they apply.

Debbie said...

Someday I mean to count every book in my house. I'm not motivated enough to catalog them - that would be quite the chore.