Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's Too Darn Hot!


I am definitely a wimp when it comes to hot weather. I usually enjoy the summer here in the mild northwest. This summer has been great - most of the high temperatures have been in the 70's. My kind of weather.

The past couple of days the thermometer has been creeping. Creeping up. I keep telling myself, "it's supposed to cool off tomorrow, it's supposed to cool off tomorrow..."

If we had more than a handful of really hot days I'd be tempted to shell out for central air conditioning - but I really can't justify the cost. I'll have to be content with sweltering for a few days. It's really good for me spiritually. The hot weather reminds me that I don't want to spend eternity roasting in the fires of....heck.

In the meantime, I'm melting.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I must be getting your weather. It's rained 3 1/2 inches in the last two or so days. I'm enjoying it, it's nice to be in the 60s for a while.

Debbie said...

I've talked Steve into taking me to the movies this evening. I plan on enjoying a couple of hours of air conditioning.

Danny and Alex just got home from different Scout activities. Alex looks fine, but Danny didn't put sunscreen on his shoulders and arms. Darn it. You'd think he'd learn.

Keira said...

I had a girlfriend in college tell me that she would understand the Atonement better if she went through natural childbirth...

I'm not saying I see parallels but...(get the AC--learn new metaphors about being a spiritual oasis in a desert of heathens)

Suzanne said...

You've been tagged! (see my blog for details)