Sunday, August 24, 2008

Serenity Now

This is where I will be tomorrow afternoon.
Serenity now.
Serenity now.

I am actually feeling a lot better about our incipient vacation. Considering that we're leaving in about 3 hours, I'd say that it's about time.

I have been working on seminary stuff for hours every day - and a fair amount of that time I've been working on scripture mastery scriptures and just plain reading the New Testament. One of the scripture mastery scriptures is James 2:17-18

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

So....if I apply this to my life....I have been "working" towards getting ready for this week, what I really need is to have faith that it will turn out fine. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

I actually like the scripture in 2 Nephi a little better - as it applies to me:

2 Ne. 25: 23
.... for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.

I've done just about all I can to plan and prepare for this week. Now all I need is grace.


2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Well, Gracie....(in my best Groucho Marx voice)

Mad Runner said...

I did my works yesterday i.e. my talk went fine. I did have to fill in about 10 minutes though. I was told 7 minutes and when I pulled the anchor leg of the three speakers I knew I was in for a long haul. The baton was passed and I took it and ran. I was not going to let them end early so I had to start Primary early! So, with faith I filled in the time pretty well.

Missed chatting this morning, can you tell?